Monday, May 23, 2005

Tagged

I've been tagged by Breezy in the game that's been making its way around the blogosphere.

Total number of books I own:

Lots. And lots. And lots. I've lost count. I'm drowning in paper books. But I only have about twenty ebooks sitting on my harddrive. I'd like to increase that number!

Last book I bought:

Dangerous Games, by Charlene Teglia
(That's the last book I actually BOUGHT. Yeah, I've traded for a few at the used bookstore since then!)

Five books that mean a lot to me:

1. The Lord of the Rings. No explanation needed, right??

2. Harry Potter and the Numerous Sequels. Okay, that's five books right there (soon to be six). So I'm cheating a bit:). But my kids love these books, and they've helped keep them reading, and that's enough to make them near and dear to my heart. But the truth is, I enjoy them too. They're an intersection between the kids' world and my own, something that we can all enjoy talking about.

3. Skye O'Malley by Bertrice Small. My first excursion into the world of erotic romance (an excursion taken when I was much too young, I might add... I'll be hiding all my Small books in the attic when my oldest turns twelve!).

4. The Temple of My Familiar, by Alice Walker. I just love this book.

5. Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott. One of my favorite books as a girl, and still one I like to pick up every now and again. This and These Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder were some of the first "romance" I read as a child.

Like E.D'Trix, I sincerely doubt I can come up with five people who haven't played this already. So if you're wandering past reading this, you haven't played yet, and you have a blog... consider yourself tagged:).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home